Looking for something? Type it in and search.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Internship coming to an end...

With just a couple of weeks to go, my internship is coming to an end. That makes me a little sad. I really enjoy working as a CAP YI intern. What I get most out of this is that it makes me feel like I belong in the community. It makes me feel needed and useful and I really enjoy helping people. To know that someone has learned something from me, make me feel satisfied. Everyone has needs, like the need to belong, the need to survive, the need to be powerful and free and the need to love.
My position as CAP intern fulfills my need to belong and if knowledge is power, then my power need is fulfilled too. And of course getting paid fulfills my need for survival. Being able to set dates with people that work with my schedule and the people feeling grateful that I can help, partially fulfills my needs for freedom and love. This is an all around great job to be doing. You learn and teach at the same time. You can have fun and get work done at the same time. You have space yet people around you at the same time. If this were a long term, full time position I would definitely want to be in it.

To all interns and non-interns: Live in the NOW and embrace the positives!

No comments:

Post a Comment