Looking for something? Type it in and search.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3rd, 2010

Last week was a crazy busy week, like it always is at the end of the month. The newsletter has to be finished and printed for the communities in the region. My supervisor hasn't been at work for over a week because she's having serious back problems, only a lot of physio, painkillers and rest will help her right now. So she's out of the game for a while. I try to pick up the slack a little bit with little things I can do to help her out around here like answering the phone, taking messages, faxing, photocopying or being the messenger. The activities coordinator is here only 3 days a week, so I do what I can to help her get things done around here too.

There have been more and more people coming in to use the CAP site in the past couple of weeks. I think the word is finally starting to spread that we are here to help and offer great services. Some people are finally taking advantage of that. Like this elderly lady I'm helping, who's learning about emailing and sending pictures via email and web surfing and that kind of stuff. She keeps telling me: If someone can teach you something, learn it. You never know when you might use it.

It's amazing that at over 80 years old, we can still learn about things we could never imagine as a child. Technology is evolving all around us and at every level. It's impossible to keep up with everything, but to keep the mind young, keep learning about anything that interests you.

No comments:

Post a Comment